question on finding account id from name

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jun 22 07:18:16 BST 2022

On Dienstag, 21. Juni 2022 22:46:35 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> I'm trying to find an way to easily switch between an investment
> account and it's brokerage account.  I have figured out how to test for
> the two types of accounts (testing the .accountType() or looking for "
> (Brokerage)" at the end of the name.)  However, I don't see any way to
> look up an account by name.  Does this actually require looping through
> all accounts and testing if the name matches?

In master you can do this:

  QString accountName;
  auto account = MyMoneyFile::instance()->accountsModel()->itemByName(accountName);

  or if you want to stick with the model type access to the data:

  auto idx = MyMoneyFile::instance()->accountsModel()->indexByName(accountName);
  auto name = idx.data(eMyMoney::Model::AccountNameRole).toString();

which in fact does the looping for you in AccountsModel::indexListByName().

Hope that helps.

The only 'intuitive' interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
 -- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X interfaces