crash in new ledger

thb at net-bembel.de thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jul 9 08:37:49 BST 2022

Jack via KMyMoney-devel schrieb am 08.07.2022 18:33 (GMT +02:00):

>> > Separate but related, and I'll add to Issue 61 later, closed
>> accounts,
>> > when shown, are not shown crossed out, in security dropdown, but
>> also
>> > on Favorite accounts on Home View.

Regarding the strikeout on the home view: the current homepage code surrounds
the account name with <strike> and </strike> but the QTextBrowser is not capable
of displaying that correctly (not implemented).

See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66676657/strikeout-chars-with-qtextcharformat
for more details. This may look different with Qt6, but we're not there yet.

An alternative for the homepage maybe to display the account in italics. That is
supported by the current QTextBrowser. We could also append a text fragment
like " (closed)" to the account name. Would that be something to work on? Other
ideas/suggestions?

Thomas