crash in new ledger

thb at net-bembel.de thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jul 8 08:11:01 BST 2022

Jack via KMyMoney-devel schrieb am 07.07.2022 19:16 (GMT +02:00):

> I got several of these over the past days, but didn't report yet, as I
> wasn't sure I was on absolute latest.  I just recompiled from git
> master head, and get this (consistently) when saving an investment
> transaction, where I had changed the security.  Let me know if there is
> any other information which might be helpful.

Thanks for reporting. Despite all the details I have a problem to see
where this happens. Mainly, because the backtrace does not (always) match
my version of current master :(  It would be great, if you could simply
specify the commit hash you are on in the future.

I am on 462fb8d2df6 and investtransactioneditor.cpp:1212 shows this for me

    if (d->currentActivity->type() != eMyMoney::Split::InvestmentTransactionType::SplitShares) {

The problem though, as Jeremy already pointed out, is a div by zero but
on (my) line 1212 there is no division at all. The only one in the vicinity is
three lines further down and shows

  d->stockSplit.setPrice(d->stockSplit.value() / d->stockSplit.shares());

which only gets used for a stock split transaction and price mode set to
PricePerTransaction.

BTW: I am on commit 462fb8d2df6

> Separate but related, and I'll add to Issue 61 later, closed accounts,
> when shown, are not shown crossed out, in security dropdown, but also
> on Favorite accounts on Home View.

I'll take a look.

[... bt removed ... ]

Thomas