Where's my KMM?

Ann Patella ThisSeemsToBeRequired at outlook.com
Sat May 22 20:21:24 BST 2021

I have been using KMyMoney successfully without any problems for at least a decade.  Yesterday I was looking up some data by category, and then (I think) I tried to make an entry for a transfer from a bank account to cash.  Attempted to save before closing.  May not have worked?
Today I cannot find KMM at all!
There is still a shortcut in my tray, but when I try to access the program I get taken to a “start-from-scratch” home screen.
Is there any way to recover my program and data?
Thank you.
Ann.Patella at gmail.com