Failure to save as postgresql database

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 6 00:14:32 GMT 2021

On 2021.01.05 08:22, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> I scanned the Qt source code and noticed, that the numerical suffix
> to qpsqlpstmt_ is to base 16 so hexadecimal. DE and F1 are perfect
> numbers then.

[snip...]

> So it seems to me, that exec is called in the wrong spot.
But the whole thing works for sqlite and MySql/Mariadb, so I'm assuming
the problem is likely in postgres specifics of qsql.  Also - it looks
like the same function (deleteKeyValuePaird) is called with identicaly
parameters more than once, on only one of those fails.  I'll read
through the debugging hints you provided before I decide how to proceed.

> To track this down (After all F1 identifies 241 iterations) I would
> derive a new result object from QPSQLResult or QSqlResult and
> override prepare() and exec() to keep track of the calls and their
> return code. Then use this object to add specific debugging
> code/output.

I think the only reason that number is so high is that I made a whole
lot of attempts within that ddd/gdb session.   I just started a new
session, and the first iteration I saw was _A, so I might try putting a
watch on that value, if it is something gdb can do.