MergeRequest and AppImage Build

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Mon Feb 22 07:13:58 GMT 2021

Hey Dawid,

On 21.02.21 21:22, Dawid Wrobel wrote:
> Last time I
> attempted to get a portfile working for the latter, I ran into gettext
> issues on macOS/Windows, which I believe should now be fixed upstream.
> I was planning on working on it again this week, so I should have some
> updates soon.

I saw your port PRs and enabled the vcpkg port and triplet overlay
feature for my Docker image. I was planning to use your ports as
overlays to continue to work on the real kmymoney build.

> No updates to CMakeLists are necessary to compile with vcpkg, a simple
> -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=[vcpkg root]/scripts/buildsystems/vcpkg.cmake
> switch is sufficient:
> https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/wikis/home#setting-up-your-dev-environment

Yeah, that's the theory :-) Didn't work for me.

Obviously a lot of the KMyMoney dependencies are still missing and it
would not work right now, but it even failed for massively simplified
versions of the make file. However, it is perfectly possible that I
messed something up. In general, I now have at least a setup for a super
simple sample project which configures and compiles successfully.

I was planning to add your ports to my build as overlays and try to get
it to a point where it at least configures the KMyMoney build correctly.

All the Best
Alex