A bug in the current stable release

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Dec 6 07:02:59 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021 15:28:25 CET David Walker via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> The Operating System is Ubuntu 18.04.06
>
> KMymoney is V5.0.0.

That is a rather old version of KMyMoney.

> Gnome:3.28.2
>
> This problem started manifesting itself about 2 months ago. I did have a problem with a Multi-USB card. This card problem has been resolved, but the KMymoney still persists. I tried to backup to an external USB HDD on a different USB card, but experienced the same issue.

Do you have the "Mount this directory before backing up" checkbox marked or not? In case your USB drive is auto-mounted, mounting does not work. If the aforementioned option is on, turn it off and check what happens.

Thomas

> envoyé : 4 décembre 2021 à 14:23
> de : Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>
> à : kmymoney-devel at kde.org
> Cc: David Walker <walkersinfrance at orange.fr>
> objet : Re: A bug in the current stable release
>

> Hi,
>
> On Samstag, 4. Dezember 2021 09:48:25 CET David Walker via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>

> When trying to backup my KmyMoney file after an update, it says "Error Mounting "Destination drive. I click OK and t says "Error Unmounting "Destination Drive.
>
> A few more pieces of information are required so that we can provide advice.
>
> Which operating system are you using? Which version?
> Which version of KMyMoney do you encounter these problems with?
>

> --
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas Baumgart
>
> https://www.signal.org/ Signal, the better WhatsApp
> Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where
> we can find information upon it. — Samuel Johnson (Boswell's Life of Johnson)

The impossible I do today: miracles take a little longer.