Mater Branch Issue

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Apr 10 11:40:14 BST 2021

On Freitag, 9. April 2021 19:08:45 CEST Dawid Wrobel wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2021, at 12:58 PM, Brendan Coupe <brendan at coupeware.com> wrote:
>
> > I use a script to run it. The script checks for or creates a lock file
> > and will tell me it's already running on another computer if the lock
> > file is present. I use syncthing to keep my files in sync across
> > several computers and this keeps me from having KMM opened in 2 or
> > more computers.
> >
> > None of that really matters. What does matter is that my script
> > includes the path and file name to the only KMM file I ever use. If I
> > remove the path and file name it does not open the CVS importer
> > window.
> >
> > When you asked how I run it my first thought was "why would that
> > matter". Clearly it was a better question than I first thought it was
>
> Yeah it matters because I changed the file types that the CSV importer
> associates with. Previously it was .csv only, but I added .txt as well.
>
> So my idea was that it could have something to do with FreeDesktop
> standards and .desktop files.
>
> I just tested my local build by adding .kmy file as an argument and,
> indeed, it opens the CSV importer dialog. By extension I assume .kmy
> format is somehow treated as a .txt file, which is probably an issue
> of its own.

It can't be the format of the file as it also opens the CSV importer in
case the .kmy is a gpg-encrypted file. There must be something wrong with
the conversion of a file extension to its MIME type, because for .kmy
files the things should be setup correctly (see attached screenshot).

Bachelor: One who is footloose & fiance free!