What's the state of KMyMoney on Windows?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Apr 8 10:23:21 BST 2021

Hi Guilherme,

On Mittwoch, 7. April 2021 23:06:41 CEST Dawid Wrobel wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 5:02 PM Guilherme <guimarcalsilva at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have to ask something: What's the state of KMyMoney on Windows? Is it considered fully stable? Are there any missing features or critical bugs? Is it missing a maintainer? I'm working on this task to bring more KDE apps to Microsoft Store https://phabricator.kde.org/T14122 and I'd appreciate getting some feedback. Currently I'm checking if apps are in a stable enough state to get published there.
>
> Hi Guilherme. We have an issue that tracks that at
> https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/issues/13
>
> AFIK the problems we have now is that neither mingw nor msvc builds
> are fully functional due to some components missing.

and it lacks us a developer/maintainer who has the necessary knowledge
for the Windows environment to understand all the bits and pieces. This
is more an area of build/deploy/install problems than the actual
application logic/code which in general is cross-platform and is
stable.

The part that Dawid mentioned is also true, but also related to the
build environment.

The nightly build of the stable branch on https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Release_win64/
represents the stable version but does not contain any translations and documentation which the
binary factory does not package.

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming
must be the process of putting them in. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra