Forecast Really Off - Where best to report and how

Joel Madero joel.madero at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:46:00 BST 2020

Hi Thomas -

Finally got around to playing with the data in LibreOffice and
normalizing to hide the actual amounts. What I did was looked at the
last ~2 years (January 2018 to present). I have included my ODS file
with a simple graph. Basically two columns, first is month-over-month
change which generally hovers right around 98%-104% (which makes sense
as net worth month over month doesn't change that much). Next column is
more revealing as that is the % of the initial base value in January
2018. From that you can see that there is a clear trend upwards and that
over the 32 month period my household net worth is 200% of what it was
in January 2018. Furthermore, month-over-month 25 of the 33 months
(excluding base month in 2018) were positive changes to my household net
worth. Yet, the default net worth chart shows a clear /downward/ trend
which makes no sense. Including that chart also (not including values).

Something seems very strange.

Thanks!