process changes after gitlab migration

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Tue May 19 18:57:22 BST 2020

Now that the gitlab migration has been completed, what is the suggested
way to handle review requests?  (I'd say code review, but for me it's
docs.)  Should I create a new branch "work-docs" and push my changes to
there and make a merge-reqest, with the delete branch on merge?  I
include "work" based on an email from Ben Cooksley sent to
kde-cvs-announce at kde.org and kde-devel <kde-devel at kde.org> about work
branches, but I'm not really sure that's appropriate, as work branches
do not trigger notifications.  My initial thought was that the
notifications would happen when the merge request was finished, but I
don't know if there would be notifications about activity during the
review process.  Thoughts?

Also, with the older git, we could set notifications to receive an
email on any commit to a selected repository.  I've found the
notification settings on invent.kde.org, but they seem rather
different.  It also looks like the default settings are to only get
notified for "Participate" which is threads you have participated in.
It looks like to get all notifications for repository activity, you
have to set that on the project page, not on your own settings page,
although once done, it does show up there.