Problems after bring two recipients together

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Mar 21 17:56:26 GMT 2020

Moin Herwig,

On Samstag, 21. März 2020 15:57:12 CET wilken-janssen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I use KmyMoney version 5.0.6 for Windows. I have found a problem that is
> causing me considerable trouble.

That is strange, as I use this feature every now and then myself to get
rid of duplicates, though on newer versions.

> I wanted to bring two recipients together. It was the same person, once
> first name last name and once last name, first name. I received a message
> after performing this action that this is not possible. Well. However, all
> entries with this person had disappeared afterwards! Namely in the version
> first name last name as well as in the version last name, first name. Due to
> the lack of all payments to this person, my account book is of course
> completely incorrect.

That is very, very strange. Can you see if the problem persists in a newer
version of KMyMoney? I have a gut feeling that this 5.0.6 Windows version has
a bunch of problems. Where did you get it from?

The lastest 5.0.8 can be found here: https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Release_win64/

> Since I have done this action many times in previous versions without
> problems, I had not made a backup. In the interest of other users, I ask for
> a troubleshooting.

Do you know that KMyMoney usually keeps a number of backups by itself? Or is
this feature turned off on your system?

> I would also appreciate a way to fix this problem.

To fix your 'broken' book-keeping is probably only possible with manual labor.

In order to fix the software we would need a way to duplicate the problem first.

> Greetings from Northern Germany

Greeting from Central Germany

Thomas

[German translation removed]

Unix is the most user friendly system I know, the point is
that it is really selective about who is indeed its friend.