new (inconsistent) OFX import problem (no clientuid)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 2 16:35:00 GMT 2020

Good morning,

Yesterday, I tried to import (libofx) two Chase accounts I have not
done in a long time, and got the dreaded message about needing to go to
their website secure message center to validate my access.  Long story
short, it has nothing to do with the bank, but it seems my current
build of KMM (from 5.0 git head) does NOT include the ofx client uid
feature.  I've tried several cmake lines, and it always finds libofx,
but sometimes fails the test for the clientuid functionality.  My
current libofx is 0.9.15, which was installed 15 October.  What I find
most peculiar is that I cannot seem to find the difference between
different builds that one finds the client UID stuff, and another does
not.  I can generally get success with a manual build, but not with the
Gentoo ebuild that uses 5.0 git head.  I'll continue to dig further,
but wonder if anyone else has seen this or has any thoughts on what I
should be looking for.

As always, thanks for any suggestions.