Building windows executables

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 16 14:21:20 BST 2020

On 6/16/20 7:01 AM, Chris wrote:
> Sorry not QT6, QT5.6 which is listed in the cmake as the required
> version. Or is that the minimum version?
Minimum.  I believe 5.15 is available on Windows.  I also have only a VM
for Windows, but will fire it up again when I have time.  Last time, I
also did not succeed in compiling KMyMoney.

> I did setup a craft environment.
>
> I tried compiling kdevelop so I could use it as an IDE but it failed
> on QTWebengine. said it was an ignored package whatever that means I
> couldnt find a way to "unignore" it so I tried to get kmymoney "craft
> kmymoney". However when it was taking hours and eventually crashed my
> machine by consuming all available disk space of over 20Gb. I assumed
> something was wrong and having tried to use emerge many years ago to
> do the same thing I was not looking forward to days of debugging the
> build environment.
That does seem high, but possible.  What I generally do is to first use
the command for craft which just outputs which packages it is going to
install, and then do them one at a time.  That way it is easier to know
where the problems are, although it does take more of your time.