Missing menu bar

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Fri Jan 17 01:35:38 GMT 2020

I don't know why I always seem to find these inexplicable, bizarre
problems, but I've got another one.  I don't think this is really a KMM
problem, but something KDE related, but as of now, KMM is the only KDE
app which exibits the problem - no menu bar.

I'm running plasma-desktop, and do NOT have the global menu widget
installed anywhere.  I briefly did add it to a panel, quickly got rid
of it, discovered it was still present in a panel not being displayed,
and finally managed to remove it by hand editing
~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc.  Menus have returned
to all other KDE apps where they were missing, but still not for KMM.

I'd love any suggestions where else to look, or what else to try to
bring my menus back.  There's lots I can do with context menus, but
some things I can't find any path to other than the main menu items.

Thanks for any hits or clues or pointers to fine manuals I seem not to
have read.