build default of qtwebengine vs qtwebkit

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 26 02:52:35 GMT 2020

I recently needed to build kmm from git on my artix linux laptop, and
ran into lots of errors about QTWebKitWidgets being required but not
found, even though it is installed, and I specified to use QTWebenging
in the cmake invokation.  I finally found a message I had sent to the
list in June about this problem.  (It never made it to the list because
I sent from an unsubscribed address, and apprently never bothered to
resend.)  It turns out that the arch linux packages for kmymoney and
libalkimia (artix uses the arch packages for those apps) are built
against qtwebkit and not qtwebengine.  I just tried asking about why on
the Arch Linux forums, and they seem resistant to doing anything except
the default.  Is there any reason we don't switch the default for this,
considering how long qtwebkit has been deprecated?

Also, Merry Christmas to all.