[kmymoney] [Bug 412384] New: insufficient installation documentation
bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Thu Sep 26 21:56:27 BST 2019
Bug ID: 412384
Summary: insufficient installation documentation
Assignee: kmymoney-devel at kde.org
Reporter: steve.61122 at gmail.com
Target Milestone: ---
no information is provided to find A) a compiled version of kMyMoney for the
Mac; or B) simple complete instructions on how to compile your software for a
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. goto kmymoney.org. On the right click DOWNLOAD, find pc versions. Wonder
2. hit back arrow. select MACOS under preview versions. Wonder WTF?
3. ht back arrow. click on 4.7.2 for your Mac under macport. Download
macports. Find no documentation on what it is or how to use it: all
documentation assumes you already know.
4. find another site that has a tar file to download (sourceforge). Download
and decompress files. Wonder why you have to do all this work, when the pc
version downloads and runs, just like a normal program, not a f...g project.
5. read the README files. discover they too are written for unix programmers.
open Terminal. type in a few of the commands. get "program not found". Quit
find a sludge of files, none of which run as kMyMoney.
Find a usable alternative to Quicken.
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version:
KDE Frameworks Version:
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the KMyMoney-devel