another appimage oddity (stock price fetching fails)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Oct 13 07:35:13 BST 2019

On Samstag, 12. Oktober 2019 11:53:51 CEST Thomas Baumgart wrote:

> Jack,
>
> On Samstag, 12. Oktober 2019 01:16:06 CEST Jack Ostroff wrote:
>
> > I've been using the appimage version for the past few days, following
> > the issues with importer plugins, and just discovered that it fails
> > when fetching stock prices.  (empty quote data)  Re-installing 5.0.6,
> > using the exact same data file, and all prices get fetched with no
> > problem.  I'm pretty sure I'm currently using Financial Times for all
> > my stock prices.
> >
> > Just to check - the appimage is fetching from
> > http://funds.ft.com/uk/Tearsheet/Summary?s=PFE... but locally compiled
> > 5.0.6 is using
> > http://funds.ft.com/uk/Tearsheet/Summary?s=PFE... and I don't see any
> > difference between them.
> > Lookoing at the online quotes config for Financial Times, they also
> > appear to be identical.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> created tmpfile
>

> Looks like files are missing. I don't see a 'kio/file.so' in the AppImage but do on local system.
>
> --> Searching in https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Nightly_Appimage_Build/426/consoleFull what happend.
> --> Nothing found -> problem!
> --> Searchig in KDevelop AppImage: all found
>
> So much for now. Packaging problem on our end.

Fixed with current code and latest build (see https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Nightly_Appimage_Build/429/artifact/KMyMoney-5.0.80-3c11388-x86_64.AppImage)

This one still has a bit of trouble because it does not show the QIF importer in the menu. Will be looking into it. Once this is settled, I move the changes over to the 5.0 branch. If anyone finds other problems with the AppImage, please let us know.

Two fish swim into a concrete wall.
'Damn' says one to the other.