kmymoney at mobile

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Nov 26 07:44:27 GMT 2019

Paulo,

On Montag, 25. November 2019 22:48:13 CET Paulo Cesar Breim wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> I think that is better to start a new project and ask to Erik if he is
> avalaible to help.

Fair enough.

Good point. https://community.kde.org/KDEConnect#Building_KDE_Connect tells me that KDEConnect is available for those environments. So we can safely look into it.

> Where we can start this project?

You can start it as a private project and then use the Incubator process (see https://community.kde.org/Incubator for details). There is no need to start this process before you begin to work on the project. It surely makes sense to have one or two persons committing and KMyMoney project members can serve as sponsor.

Another project you might want to look into or contact for specific questions is Plasma mobile (https://docs.plasma-mobile.org/). I think KMyMoney fits very well in their vision context. Talking to the devs might give you some insights. Maybe you also watch https://conf.kde.org/en/akademy2019/public/events/134 to get an idea what the endeavor means.  Using Kirigami as UI framework makes a lot of sense in my eyes.

So much for now. If you have further questions, please let me/us know.

Regards

Thomas

'I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.'
 -Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943