new ofx import problem (Merrill Lynch) - possible libofx issue.

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 4 03:23:49 GMT 2019

I started doing my monthly account updates for Merrill Lynch, and I'm
getting "This imported statement contains investment transactions with
no security.  These transactions will be ignored."

(same with direct-connect or file download for quicken or ms-money)

The ofx includes a <UNIQUEID> tag and <UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP and the
kmymoney file (xml in this case) does include a kmm-security-id with
that uniqueid for that security.

In the kmm-statement file, there is a line for the transaction, but
with 'security=""'.  I'm pretty sure I did not have this problem last
month.

However, on digging further, it seems the major relevant change I made
was to upgrade from libofx 0.9.13 (including some patches pending
upstream inclusion) to 0.9.14.  Downgrading to 0.9.13 allows the import
as expected.  Does anyone know if this is a known issue, and if not,
how do I raise it to libofx.  I've looked at their sourceforge site,
but don't see how to submit a new bug/issue (and I also note the most
recent open bug there is from over two years ago.

Thanks for any suggestions.