debugging QT plugins, was: debugging ofx file import

Jack ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Mon Jan 21 16:02:56 GMT 2019

On 1/21/19 10:42 AM, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Sonntag, 20. Januar 2019 01:16:06 CET Jack wrote:
>> On 2019.01.14 14:37, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>>> Am 14.01.19 um 20:31 schrieb Jack:
> [...]
>> So it finds the new plugin four times while looking for metadata, but
>> finds the system version twice, and still manages to load the system
>> version instead of the new version.
>>
>> Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?
> Nothing. KMyMoney's plugin loading was broken. I just fixed that in the 5.0 branch. See https://commits.kde.org/kmymoney/f69ee7d76454a7e57fb998057ce16062c17702e4 for details what went wrong.

Thanks for that.  I had been wondering if it was something built in to
QT itself.  I'll test this later today.  It seems like all the work any
of us had done with running from an install in or near the build dir
really didn't work, always preferring the old (system installed)
plugins, except that it did find any new plugins that didn't exist in
the system install.  It might be nice as a future enhancement for the
app to be able to show exactly which plugins have been loaded, and from
where.  (Perhaps as part of the plugin view of the configure KMyMoney
display?)