debugging ofx file import

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 13 17:59:09 GMT 2019

I'm trying to debug an issue with importing an ofx file, about how the
importer finds the right account, or doesn't find it.  I'm using
QT-Creator, and have set lots of breakpoints in multiple files which
seem to be involved, but in all cases, I can't seem to hit a breakpoint
until the ofx file has already been read and converted to a
MyMoneyStatement.  I've set several breakpoints in ofximporter.cpp -
both by line number and by function name, but I see some debug info on
the console, even though the breakpoints on those lines or the
enclosing function are not being tripped.  I've also managed to
interrupt the program with the file selection dialog open, but then
cannot manage to continue tracing - it refuses to recognize the file I
have selected, and says it can't import from the directory.

Any suggestions to what I might be missing would be appreciated.