Where to find this code

jvapr27 at gmail.com jvapr27 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 16:53:36 GMT 2019

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the help.

> The spot you found is not negating the value of each expense, but
> simply
> negates the value contained in the grid if the underlying account for
> the cell
> is an expense account. So I wonder if that would be the spot to
> achieve what
> you are trying.

Right. I am thinking of using the same flag(whether the user wants to
chart the expneses downwards - negative scale) to determine if the
Transfers should also be ploted the same way. I need to test this but
personally, it makes sense to either plot both expenses and tranfers
negatively or neither.

Basically, I took the Netflow report and created a "Cash flow" report
because the existing Cashflow shows a list of transactions instead of a
report showing the total cash flow for the period. Having the
transactions is nice but only when trying to dig deeper into where my
money went or where it came from. I believe the Netflow was intended to
be similar to a Statement of Cash Flow a.k.a Cash flow report. At least
I managed to get it close by having it show the transfers. Now I just
want to visualize it but without the graph going into the (x,-y) scale.

> KReportChartView::drawPivotChart receives all values in the parameter
> 'grid'.
> You may want to look into the construction of the grid to find the
> spot where
> the values of the transfers are inserted.

I do not want to change the data itself, just the way transfers and
negatives are displayed on the chart. I did trace it back to where the
data is inserted.. but I don't want to change it there as I am afraid
it may have reprecussions on the mathematical calculations being done
in other places. I really only want to change the visual side of
things. But I am glad you mentioned it because I did not even look to
see where the grid was coming in from. It was helpful to read through
that code too.

Although I am focusing on the chart right now.. eventually I want to,
with community support, implement a flag to show values as positive or
negatives vs Debit and Credits. I know a lot of people would get
confused with the Debits and Credits reporting but I feel it would be
nice to have that feature if some of the users wanted it.

For now.. i will keep studying the code and trying to make small
changes on my workstation until I get the hang of it.

Thanks for the help so far! Much appreciated!

JV