bad transaction match on OFX import

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 2 20:24:31 GMT 2019

I'm reconciling my Merrill Lynch accounts, and in one account, one
transaction shows in my statement but not in the account.  I finally
ran KMM from command line and got

Processing transactions (Account Name)
Process on: '2019-11-25', id: 'ID 20191125CA051143461091498', amount:
'68.00', fees: '0.00'
Looking for a match with transaction:  "2019-11-25" , "" , "-68.00"
(referenced account:  "Dividends" )
Considering 1 existing transaction(s) for matching
Detected transaction duplicate
Processing transactions done (Account Name)
Importing statement for 'Account Name' done

The problem is that it matched against an otherwise identical
transaction in a different account (also Merrill Lynch Investment
account.)

It turns out I own the same number of shares of the same stock in both
accounts, but I would not have expected to match a transaction in a
different account.  Should I open a bug report for this?