KMM still creating new security instead of reusing one for new equity account

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Mon Apr 29 21:50:18 BST 2019

I can't tell if there has been a regression, or if I'm doing something
wrong, but when I buy shares, creating a new equity account, even if I
own shares in the same equity in a different investment account, it
always creates a new security, instead of offering to reuse the
existing one.  I know I'm using the same name and stock symbol, and I
can't find any differences in how I create the equity.  I've even
re-read the page in the handbook which refers to this, and I'm at a
loss for what I might be doing wrong.

The easiest way to test is to create a new file with two new investment
accounts (and either one or two brokerage accounts).  Purchase a stock
in one of the investment accounts and then purchase some of the same
stock in the other account.

I'm using a version compiled from 5.0 branch git head just a few days
ago.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  (I'm really hoping that as soon as i post
this, it will just start working for me, but I'm not holding my breath.)