KMyMoney Development

Chris DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au
Wed Apr 24 06:15:03 BST 2019

Hi

I am looking to do some development work in kmymoney, specifically I would
like to make changes to the Payees code.

What I would like to do is add the following features:

 1. Multiple Categories for Payees
 2. Manually re-assign transactions from a Payee

For the first option this would allow a single payee to have multiple
categories based on either the bank account or institution or text contained
in the payee or memo fields, or a combination of the above.

Reasoning:

 1. Banks will assign a payee of "Interest paid" Depending on the account
    you may want to place these transactions into different categories as
    all banks and bank accounts tend to use similar phrasing, this is difficult.
 2. If you refactor a payee for whatever reason I would like to reassign all
    the transactions matching that payee for a given date range. In the past
    I have imported transactions, found and corrected issues, deleted all
    transactions during that import, and then re-imported to correct those
    issues.

My question is. Where do I start?

  * Is this core code so I have to modify core?
  * Is it doable via a plugin, if so how?
  * Apart from import.csv plugin is there other example plugins or code or
    documentation I can view to determine where and how I should tackle this?

--

Chris