Your support is needed and very much welcome

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Sep 28 18:42:26 BST 2018

Dear KMyMoney users,

I am currently trying to run some tests on data upgrades from prior versions of KMyMoney. Unfortunately, I don't have those around anymore nor do I have the time and equipment to set them up. Since you still use them in your environments you could help me tremendously in this regard. No need to install anything.

Here's what needs to be done:

1) save the file attached to this mail on your disk (it just contains some sample data)
2) start KMyMoney from the command line with 'kmymoney kmm-compat-test-in.xml'
3) open the File/Personal data dialog
4) leave your e-mail in the designated field (as reference for me in case of problems). Feel free to leave some information about the area you live in. I am always curious where KMyMoney is used. No details needed (GDPR).

  -- DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES --

5) use 'File/Save as' to save the file. Use the following name: 'kmm-compat-test-out.xml'
kmm-compat-test-out.sql' as name for it.

Besides those two files, I am also interested in the following information:

- The Operating System you use (Linux, Windows, MacOS, ...)
- Distribution (for *nix systems)
- KMyMoney and KDE version
- How did you install KMyMoney? (could be distro or in case you build from source provide some details which stage you use (git hash))

Drop the info into a reply to this e-mail and attach the two files created. If any of the steps fails, please let me know as much information as possible. If just parts are created (e.g. XML works, but SQL does not), send those and copy any messages that are printed on the console. They might be of help to me.

Hopefully, I can read all the data files you send back and make sure that the next version of KMyMoney can process them.

Now, I am looking forward to a flood of different files from you. Would be cool if I can get them asap.

Many thanks in advance for your support which counts as an open source contribution as well!!

Thomas

Unix is the most user friendly system I know, the point is
that it is really selective about who is indeed its friend.