Reports

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 21 00:25:24 GMT 2018

On 2018.11.20 11:28, Albert Smith wrote:
> Attention Jack
>
> I submitted a bug at Narkive Mailinglist Archive about blank reports.
I have no experience with Narkive is, but this list is the right place
for these questions.  Unless that mailing list archive site actually
has an interface for sending email responding to list posts, however, I
doubt it will do what you seem to expect.  Are you subscribed to this
list?  I've cc'd you in case not, but apparently you got my response to
your earlier email of 27.10.2018

> You asked if reports were if output is completely empty or just
> missing data.

> The problem is with scheduled information reports.
Our problem is that you still haven't given us enough information to
work with.  First - I assume you mean the "Schedule Information"
report, which works fine for me.  On that report, if you click the
"Configure" button, and then look at the "Filters" tab - does all that
info look reasonable?  Do you actually have any scheduled transactions?

>    1. V 5.0
>    2. Data Missing
So a report is produced, but it doesn't contain any data?

>    3. Opening a previously configured report, in V 4.6.6 returns
> error of  uncaptured with no details.
Please give the exact text of the error.  Screenshots are very
helpful.  It may be best to open a bug at bugs.kde.org, and that does
require setting up an account, but you can attach screenshots.  Also,
is it returning the error in 4.6.6, or was the report OK in 4.6.6 and
is producing an error or just no data in 5.0?

>    4. OS = Ubuntu 18.04 and 18.10
If there is a bug, probably only the KMM version matters and not the OS
version.

>    5. I tried to respond on the mailing list, but presented with
> login/register screen, and, when attempting to logon receive a 502
> Bad Gateway
login screen at what URL?  Responding to the mailing list should just
be sending the email to kmymoney-devel at kde.org.  What were you
attempting to log into?

>    6. Current OS = 16.04
>    7. V 4.6.6 acts as expected.
It might help to check a 4.8 version, but probably not necessary.

> my email is capemayal at gmail.com
>
> Thank you,
> Albert Smith
Of all my questions, I am most interested in you confirming that you do
have scheduled transactions which should show up on this report.  Next,
can you produce a minimal test case - can you create a new .kmy file
with one or two accounts and one or two schedules which also shows the
lack of data in this report?  That would really help.

Thanks for helping us help you.