[dev] undefined reference to `__multi3'

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 7 19:12:00 GMT 2018

On 2018.11.07 13:29, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Below is the discussion in the Mageia development mailing list.
>
> Can this problem be fixed on KMyMoney side?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri

I may be out of my league here, but gcc docs say "The integer
arithmetic routines are used on platforms that don’t provide hardware
support for arithmetic operations on some modes." where  "These
functions return the remainder of the signed division of a and b."
includes "Runtime Function: long long __multi3 (long long a, long long
b)"

Several google results imply that call may not be present on
architectures other than amd64 (I see cases for MIPS where it looks
like there ended up being a kernel patch for it) and using gcc7.  Given
the failure here is on MGA6 i586, I'm not sure if the fix should or
even can be in KMM itself, or whether gcc needs to better deal with
other architectures?

However, note I'm not a KMM developer, so one of them will need to say
something here.