Error compiling KMM on Windows 10 (Craft)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed May 30 08:56:58 UTC 2018

Hi Jack,

On Dienstag, 29. Mai 2018 19:58:05 CEST Jack wrote:

> On 2018.05.29 07:53, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > Jack,
> >
> > On Dienstag, 29. Mai 2018 02:31:38 CEST Jack Ostroff wrote:
> >
> > > I finally set up a new Craft environment, and got all KMM deps
> > > installed OK.
> > >
> > > First issue - KMM complained about finding python36 but needing
> > > python2.  I did "craft python2" and that error disappeared.  Should
> > > python2 be included as a dep?
> > >
> > > Now, I still get the following:

> > > -- Performing Test COMPILE_HAS_DEPRECATED_ATTR - Success
> > > CMake Error at kmymoney/misc/CMakeLists.txt:13 (if):
> > >    if given arguments:
> > >
> > >      "1" "AND"
> > >
> > >   Unknown arguments specified
> >
> > Looks like the second argument is missing here. Looking at the
> > statement, it seems to me that you do not have the latest version,
> > since in commit 9d616136e123698a409d42b860a8786d5ed4bf08 there was a
> > change that should solve the issue. Of course, I could be mistaken
> > with this.

> I'll have to go back and see exactly how it gets the source.  I
> originally thought it was using the 5.0 release tag, in which case you
> are likely to be right.  If that's the case, I'll see about getting it
> to use 5.0 git head, but if it's already doing that, then ...?

Ah, that makes a difference: the above mentioned change is on master (only). Please try to extract the change in kmymoney/misc/CMakeLists.txt from commit 9d616136e123698a4 and put it on top of your 5.0 branch and see if that makes a difference. I am not sure if a cherry-pick of the whole commit will work.

  git diff 5.0..master kmymoney/misc/CMakeLists.txt

will show you what has been changed. Once you confirm that it works, we can add it to the 5.0 branch (or you do it).

Maybe, Lukasz can provide information if the 5.0 branch is compilable at all for the craft environment. If it needs more, it would be feasible to think about a 5.1 release soon, which we branch off master. Thoughts?

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
The spread of unverified or deliberately falsified information from
gutter-level sources in the wake of crises, aided by venues like Google
and Twitter, has become a real problem with real consequences. -- Tom McKay