New "Save as..." problems, especially with anon files.

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Mon Jun 11 23:28:00 UTC 2018

I know there has been some recent work on both file storage and the
file save dialogs and processes.  I have not followed that carefully,
having been concentrating my efforts on some other ongoing problems.
I'll be glad to file a bug for this - it looks like a continuation of
one of the recent phabricator reviews.

This is with git master head (5.0.80-0b87da17).  If I open a file, and
click Save As.... I get the consistency check popup, and then the file
selector dialog.  I no longer see any checkbox for saving as an
anonymous file.  If I type in the filename newtest.anon.kmy (similar
with xml) and then click "Save" I get a second consistency check popup,
and no indication of what has actually been saved, because the display
still shows the old account names.  If I then open that newly saved
anon file, it correctly shows the anonymous account names.  However, if
I add a new account and do "Save" it overwrites the anonymous file with
a non-anonymous file (with the new account) but still using the anon
file name.

So, I see several different problems here:
- Save as runs the consistency check before choosing a file name, and
then runs it again when actually saving, after the file name is
chosen.  The second check is unnecessary, since there is no time the
file could have been changed since the first run.
- There is no checkbox on the "Save as..." file selection dialog to
save as Anonymous
- After saving an anonymous file (by typing .anon. as part of the file
name) the display shows that name in the window title, but the
displayed data is still pre-anonymization.
- If you then add an account, and then do "Save" it overwrites the
previously saved anonymous file with a non-anonymous file, but still
with the xxx.anon.xxx file name.