encryption question (was: Error compiling KMM on Windows 10 (Craft))

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 2 17:25:21 UTC 2018

On 2018.06.02 04:33, Łukasz Wojniłowicz wrote:
> Dnia piątek, 1 czerwca 2018 18:03:02 CEST Jack pisze:
> > On 2018.05.30 11:16, Łukasz Wojniłowicz wrote:
> > > Dnia środa, 30 maja 2018 10:56:58 CEST Thomas Baumgart pisze:
> > >
> > > I don't know. You can try to apply my patches targeted for MS
> Windows
> > > and see.
> >
> > OK - so I don't see any point in working on 5.0 any more, so I've
> > switched to master, which gets all the way to the end, and the last
> > step fails on linking with gpgme.

> release
> > >
> > > Great idea for later. There is still no encryption on MS Windows
> and
> > > it will be available with gpgme 1.11.2. Besides we have nothing
> new
> > > to offer (bugs maybe :) ) in 5.1 release.
> >
> > Is there an easy explanation why it won't work on Windows with gpgme
> > 1.11.1?  Is it just that one call not available in the Windows
> > version?  Do we have any idea when 1.11.2 will be released?  Is
> there
> > any chance of compiling against a pre-release versions (git head?
> I've
> > looked but  not found a source for the pre-released source.)
>
> https://dev.gnupg.org/T3996
>
> > Is there any way to compile KMM without encryption, so at least we
> can
> > get something working on Windows.
>
> Comment out gpg in KMyMoney script in Craft.
Thanks, I'll try this as soon as I get time.

> From my point of view, there is no rush in getting something on
> Windows. Let's
> wait and see.
I disagree with this.  We are only maintaining 4.x because of a few
distributions which have not upgraded to Frameworks (do we actually
have a list, and when they are likely to make the switch?) and because
of Windows.  As soon as we can release a 5.x for Windows, we are that
much closer to being able to drop support for 4.8.