New error when updating stocks

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 21 19:57:35 BST 2018

On 2018.07.21 14:45, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> I started getting this error a few weeks go:
>

> "Failed to retrieve an exchange rate for USD > E000081 from KMyMoney
> Currency. It will be skipped this time"
>

> This firs appeared in KMM 4.8 compiled from source recently.
>

> I have moved to 5.0 and the Master branch and I still get the error.
>

> I have mostly used US dollars in KMM. The only other currency I used
> was NZ
> Dollars many years ago. Nothing recent. I'm not sure why it's trying
> retrieve an exchange rate for E000081, whatever that is. I have
> removed all
> currencies other than USD & NZD and I still get the error.
>
> How do I track down E000081 and get rid of it?
>
> Thanks,
There have been lots of problems fetching stock and currency prices
recently, most of which are due to the services being discontinued or
changed so we can't extract the required data any more.  Once you know
which security/currency it is, check which online source is being used
to fetch the rates.

The easiest way I know of to find which equity or currency it is:
decrypt (a copy of) your data file, gunzip it, grep for that
identifier.  Searching for 'id="E000081"' will find the
security/currency itself, and searching for 'currency="E000081"' will
find any accounts using that currency.