Error Connecting to MySQL DB 4.8.1.1

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Feb 25 06:46:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

this sounds very strange. Obviously, one of the upgrade steps regarding the DB
backend failed along the way (I am by far no expert at that point and it is a
guess to some extent).

Another wild guess is, that the cause could be some missing columns in your DB
that are now used. I would suggest to make a backup of your DB (that's a good
idea in any case), create a new empty database and compare the table
structures (using external SQL tools). I expect a difference to show up
somewhere. Then it would be a matter to correct the difference.

@all: in case anyone has a better idea, please speak up. The OP is not
subscribed to the list, so please CC him.

Hope that helps as a first step. If you have further questions, please let us
know. Make sure to send answers to the list and not to individuals only.

Regards

Thomas

On Samstag, 24. Februar 2018 21:16:21 CET El Cas wrote:

> I upgraded from Kubuntu 16.04 to 17.10. When I installed the 4.8.0 version
> that came with 17.10 and tried to connect to the DB where kmm 4.6.6 was
> storing my information I got the following error.
>
> *Query error no 1064: you have an error in your sql syntax; check the
> manual that corresponds to your mysql server version for the right syntax
> to use near '"order" smallint unsigned not null, identifier varchar(32) not
> null, primary k' at line 1 qmysql: unable to execute query.*
>
> I noticed that there was a 4.8.1 version so I added the repo for that
> version and uninstalled 4.8.0 and installed 4.8.1. I then got a cannot open
> shared library libkmm_settings.so file missing error.
>
> I uninstalled 4.8.1 and proceed to to download the source code and I fired
> off the build for tag 4.8.1.1 using the provided instructions in
> README.cmake and it all compiled correctly but when I ran it I got the
> following error.
>
> *Cannot open file as requested. Error was: Error in function void
> MyMoneyStorageSql::writeFileInfo() : writing FileInfo*
>
> *Driver = QMYSQL, Host = X.X.X.X, User = kmymoney, Database = kmymoney*
>
> *Driver Error: *
>
> *Database Error No -1: *
>
> *Text: *
>
> *Error type 0*
>
> *Executed: UPDATE kmmFileInfo SET version = ?, fixLevel = ?, created = ?,
> lastModified = ?, baseCurrency = ?, dateRangeStart = ?, dateRangeEnd = ?,
> hiInstitutionId = ?, hiPayeeId = ?, hiTagId = ?, hiAccountId = ?,
> hiTransactionId = ?, hiScheduleId = ?, hiSecurityId = ?, hiReportId = ?,
> hiBudgetId = ?, hiOnlineJobId = ?, hiPayeeIdentifierId = ?, encryptData =
> ?, updateInProgress = ?, logonUser = ?, logonAt = ?, institutions = ?,
> accounts = ?, payees = ?, tags = ?, transactions = ?, splits = ?,
> securities = ?, prices = ?, currencies = ?, schedules = ?, reports = ?,
> kvps = ?, budgets = ?; *
>
> *Query error No -1: *
>
> *Error type 0*
>
> Is there something I can do to (besides reverting back to Kubuntu 16.04/KMM
> 4.6.6) to resolve this issue?

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
Of all the computing resources available, the most valuable one is
programmers' time. Especially in open source where most of us have to
sneak in time to write and debug code. (Ace Jones)