Sample OFX and (unrelated?) crash: was: another odd, new ofximport issue (auto import to closed account/category)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 20 01:03:25 UTC 2018

On 2018.02.14 18:18, Jack wrote:
> On 2018.02.09 17:39, Jack wrote:
>> I'm leaving this threaded, since it is related, but it can be
>> treated independently.
>>
>> Start kmymoney 5.0.0 with no opened file ("kmymoney -n")
>>
>> Create a new file
>> - I entered no personal information
>> - I chose US Dollar as currency
>> - I chose the template with no categories
>> - no starting checking account
>> - save the file
>>
>> - create new account - investment account with brokerage account
>>
>> - edit brokerage account to add starting balance
>>
>> - save file
>>
>> - File/Close -> crash with error about uncaught exception related to
>> the investment account.
>>
>> It is not clear to me how this relates to the issue of the ofx
>> import creating a category as a closed account, because I cannot
>> reproduce that yet.  I do have a sample ofx file which imports two
>> transactions, in process creating a category "_DIVIDEND" (which is
>> not mentioned in the ofx file.)  but the category and both
>> transactions are editable.  However, the above crash does occur if
>> trying to close the file I've attached that ofx file, just in case,
>> but I suspect finding the cause of this crash is higher priority.
>> (Note that I have edited the ofx file to alter the account number,
>> and to remove the positions and balances of equities.)
> The crash is repeatable, and output to the console is:
>
> Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
> exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt.
> You must not let any exception whatsoever propagate through Qt code.
> If that is not possible, in Qt 5 you must at least reimplement
> QCoreApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'MyMoneyException'
> Aborted
I'm having trouble separating the issue of this crash from the problem
of creating the closed category _Dividends.  I have done an import of
the full month of January to the newly created file as described here -
and although I do get this crash when closing (not necessarily when
saving the file) the two suspect transactions are created with no
problem - the _Dividend category is open and shows no problems.

However, I just noticed another strange line in the console output:

Importing statement for 'invest' done
kf5.kio.widgets: No node found for item that was just removed:
QUrl("file:///home/jack/home/finance/find.pl")
QDragManager::drag in possibly invalid state
Aborting aboutToFinish handling.

The first line shows the end of the ofx import.  find.pl referenced in
the second line is a perl script which just happens to be in the same
directory as the kmy file and the ofx files I'm working with.  If I
rename that file and repeat the same run of KMM, the same line appears,
but referencing a different file - this time a csv file in the
directory.

In addition - the last line of output is "Segmentation fault" with no
additional information.  This is a debug build, so I'll try running
under gdb to see if I can dig out any more useful information.

Underneath all of this, I'm only trying to reconcile my accounts for
January...

I'm open to any thoughts on how to resolve any of these mysteries.