New file setup question
ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 1 22:46:03 UTC 2018
On 2018.02.01 17:21, Jack wrote:
> On 2018.02.01 09:47, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>> On Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 15:31:39 CET Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>> > On Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 15:26:25 CET Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> > > Am 01.02.2018 um 14:36 schrieb Jack:
>> > > >> Is this related to
>> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=389726 ?
>>>>> I noticed Ralf filed that bug shortly after I sent my message,
>>>>> but I don't know if they are actually related. In my case, the
>>>>> list is NOT completely sorted by name, which I consider a
>>>>> problem. The ability to sort by any column I would consider a
>>>>> wish-list item.
>>>> The bug was inspirited by Jack's report and the patch may be
>>>> usable for 5.0 too, but I haven't checked.
>> > That's what I expected. I will take care of checking 5.0
>> Done, now in git 5.0
> Excellent. One minor question. What is the middle character in the
> Symbol for the Austrian Schilling? It shows up for me as a square
> box, which I think implies that I do not have the correct glyph
> available in my loaded fonts. Also, the first character looks like
> an A with a bar over it. Wikipedia says the symbol is S or öS 
> and the code is ATS  which is what we do have for the ID.
>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_schilling
>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217
Well, something is very strange. If I use the new KMM (just compiled
from 5.0 branch head) to open my old personal kmy file, and then look
at Tools/Currencies, I see a single, sorted, sortable list with the odd
Symbol for Austrian Schilling. If I click "+ Add" I see a single
sorted list, with correct values (ATS and ÖS) for Austrian schilling.
If I then create a new kmy file, I still see an unsorted, unsortable
list, with correct Austrian schilling values. I suppose the "bad"
symbol is stuck in my personal kmy file from some historical time, and
not really a problem now. However, if I complete the creation of a new
kmy file, and then select Tools/Settings, I get a list with ONLY the US
Dollar. I can hit the "+ Add" button, and get the entire list, sorted
correctly, but not sortable, with correct Austrian schilling entry.
I'm willing to assume that Tools/Currencies should show only the
currencies used in the currently open kmy file, but I still don't
understand why when creating a new kmy file, the list is neither sorted
More information about the KMyMoney-devel