Feature Request Split Transaction with Multiselect

Rudolf Schmidt info at rudolfschmidt.com
Mon Dec 31 04:51:14 GMT 2018

Hey Jack,

yea sure, I give an example.

I create an asset as account receivable for getting vat that I have paid
on behalf of my company back.

So if I pay for my internet connection like 30€ a months, 19% of that
money should go to the account receivable and the rest should go as an
expense.

I can do that with a split.

Fortunately you have already a kind of automatism that works for that.
Maybe you can rename it a little bit because you can split not only VATs
for that but also to split income shares etc.

My created asset account receivable I make as an vat account with 19%.

My expense internet connection I assign to the vat account.

So if I assign any transaction to my expense internet connection I get a
split with a calculation for vat and the expense itself.

Thats fine and that is what I want.

If I select multiple transactions to assign all to the same category
(that works normally) I get the assignment to the correct category but
the automatic split to the vat account doesn't happen. That is the bug here.

Hope its more clear now, please do not hesitate to ask or comment if
something is not clear.

Best Regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Rudolf Schmidt