Migration of KMM 4.8 DB to 5 DB

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Aug 26 19:32:37 BST 2018

Some update from my end as well: I added some logic which allows me to create e.g. a Version 8 set of tables. Once I open it, all updates are applied and the final state is a Version 12 database. Very strange that it does not work for you.

Regards

Thomas

p.s. at some point I might add that to the repo.

On Sonntag, 26. August 2018 20:25:03 CEST El Cas wrote:

> Just an update. I looked at the kmmsecurities and the table already had
> the pricePrecision column ( pricePrecision smallint(5) UNSIGNED  Null: No
> Default: None ).
>
> I am build KMM again with debug enabled and I will see if I can get more
> info on my it's saying the column is missing when it is not.
>
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 8:27 AM Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am by far not a DB expert and can't really tell you what was happening.
> > Since you mention you are at DB version 12, the missing column
> > pricePrecision was introduced with DB version 11.
> >
> > The MYSQL DDL statement for the securities table is as follows:
> >
> > CREATE TABLE kmmSecurities (id varchar(32) NOT NULL, name text NOT NULL,
> > symbol mediumtext, type smallint unsigned NOT NULL, typeString mediumtext,
> > smallestAccountFraction varchar(24), pricePrecision smallint unsigned NOT
> > NULL, tradingMarket mediumtext, tradingCurrency char(3), roundingMethod
> > smallint unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 7, PRIMARY KEY (id)) ENGINE = InnoDB;
> >

> > I am not sure, how you can add a column on the fly. Make sure to assign a
> > value of 4 for existing entries but don't supply a default for new values.
> >
> > Tony is right in what he mentioned. I am just not sure if that part my
> > have been hit and is broken. As I don't use the DB backend I can't tell.
> > Anyone else has ideas?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas
> >

> > On Freitag, 24. August 2018 23:25:03 CEST El Cas wrote:
> >
> > > I just installed KMM from source (pull from *master* branch on
> > *8/24/2018 @
> > > 11:06 MDT*) and when I tried to log on to my DB I am get
> > >

> > > *Executed: SELECT ISOcode, name, type, typeString, symbol1, symbol2,
> > > symbol3, symbolString, smallestCashFraction, smallestAccountFraction,
> > > pricePrecision FROM kmmCurrencies ORDER BY ISOcode; Query error No 1054:
> > > Unknown column 'pricePrecision' in 'field list' QMYSQL: Unable to execute
> > > query*
> > > In a previous email thread, Tony Bloomfield had mentioned that when KMM
> > > opened a Database the Database Manager should detect the change in
> > version
> > > and create/delete/alter any table/columns as required, but as you can see
> > > from the error above it's not doing it. Is there an update SQL script I
> > can
> > > run to update the schema for my 4.8 DB to work with 5.0?
> > >
> > > According to the the kmmfileinfo table it says I am using DB version
> > *12* if
> > > that helps determine what script(s) I need to run.
> > >

> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas Baumgart
> >
> > https://www.signal.org/       Signal, the better WhatsApp
> > Mankind makes a lot of things wrong, but if you really want to
> > screw up, you need to use a computer! (Juergen von der Lippe)

Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to
support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)