Migration of KMM 4.8 DB to 5 DB

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Aug 26 15:28:13 BST 2018

Hi,

I am by far not a DB expert and can't really tell you what was happening. Since you mention you are at DB version 12, the missing column pricePrecision was introduced with DB version 11.

The MYSQL DDL statement for the securities table is as follows:

CREATE TABLE kmmSecurities (id varchar(32) NOT NULL, name text NOT NULL, symbol mediumtext, type smallint unsigned NOT NULL, typeString mediumtext, smallestAccountFraction varchar(24), pricePrecision smallint unsigned NOT NULL, tradingMarket mediumtext, tradingCurrency char(3), roundingMethod smallint unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 7, PRIMARY KEY (id)) ENGINE = InnoDB;

I am not sure, how you can add a column on the fly. Make sure to assign a value of 4 for existing entries but don't supply a default for new values.

Tony is right in what he mentioned. I am just not sure if that part my have been hit and is broken. As I don't use the DB backend I can't tell. Anyone else has ideas?

Regards

Thomas

On Freitag, 24. August 2018 23:25:03 CEST El Cas wrote:

> I just installed KMM from source (pull from *master* branch on *8/24/2018 @
> 11:06 MDT*) and when I tried to log on to my DB I am get
>

> *Executed: SELECT ISOcode, name, type, typeString, symbol1, symbol2,
> symbol3, symbolString, smallestCashFraction, smallestAccountFraction,
> pricePrecision FROM kmmCurrencies ORDER BY ISOcode; Query error No 1054:
> Unknown column 'pricePrecision' in 'field list' QMYSQL: Unable to execute
> query*
> In a previous email thread, Tony Bloomfield had mentioned that when KMM
> opened a Database the Database Manager should detect the change in version
> and create/delete/alter any table/columns as required, but as you can see
> from the error above it's not doing it. Is there an update SQL script I can
> run to update the schema for my 4.8 DB to work with 5.0?
>
> According to the the kmmfileinfo table it says I am using DB version *12* if
> that helps determine what script(s) I need to run.

Mankind makes a lot of things wrong, but if you really want to
screw up, you need to use a computer! (Juergen von der Lippe)