Datenverlust bei Update von Ubuntu 14.04 auf Ubuntu 18.04

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Aug 21 13:21:04 BST 2018

Hi,

On Dienstag, 21. August 2018 11:16:01 CEST Leo-Hubert Kappes wrote:

> Beim oben genannten Update sind all meine bisherigen Daten verschwunden.
>
> Dies ist ein sehr ärgerlicher Fehler der Update-Programmierung.

That is a very broad error message. A few more details would have helped, such as

a) which version did you use on 14.04 and which on 18.04?
b) is the file gone completely?
c) can it just not be opened?
d) is the file readable, but does not contain data?
e) any error message which is displayed would be interesting.

Regards

Thomas

p.s. Wir sprechen hier auf der Liste English. Falls das ein Problem ist, lass es uns wissen.