Future of Alkimia

Thomas Capricelli orzel at freehackers.org
Sun Apr 29 15:02:08 UTC 2018

On 28/04/2018 20:31, Christian David wrote:
> Hello Ralf,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2018, 17:09:16 CEST schrieb Ralf Habacker:
>> Another option would be make it more interesting for other projects by
>> adding more stuff into.
>
> Do not get me wrong, I still think the original ideas are very good [1].
> However, there were no development on features for eight years, why should it
> happen now or in future? Also I think we should think like: there is a
> problem, this should be solved with a library. Not the other way round: we
> want a library, how can we get people to use it?

(note : I'm not a kmm dev)

I agree with that. Sure a lib is great and all, but better wait for a
real need to extract useful stuff from kmm into a library. Currently
this really seems unneeded. Extracting some code into a lib is not very
difficult, even less so if you know precisely what is required to be
shared by several projects.

Until then... your gain is that you don't need to maintain a separate
code base, separate release, porting, ... And you remove some pain for
packagers.

regards,
--
Thomas Capricelli