Future of Alkimia

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Apr 12 15:09:16 UTC 2018

Am 04.04.2018 um 18:34 schrieb Christian David:
> Hello,
>
> Alkimia was started about eight years ago by the developers of Skrooge, Kraft
> and KMyMoney. Unfortunately it never supported more than AlkValue. As far as I
> know, KMyMoney is the only project left to use alkimia. Skrooge and Kraft are
> not using it anymore and I do not know any other software to use alkimia.
>
> For this reason I recommend to drop alkimia and move AlkValue into KMyMoney
> directly. This reduces the maintenance for developers, packages and users who
> just want to compile KMyMoney on their own. Additionally it reduces possible
> sources of trouble (just remember how much work it was for Ralf to get it
> working with Qt 4 & 5)
which was an interesting challenge to see how to create a multi platform
library.

and we remove a dependency.
According to a recent build log
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/windows:mingw:win32/mingw32-kmymoney-installer/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/x86_64
kmymoney depends on about 85 packages. Removing one dependency is about
1,11 %.

> What are you thinking about this?

Another option would be make it more interesting for other projects by
adding more stuff into.

Ralf