Future of Alkimia

Christian David christian-david at web.de
Wed Apr 4 16:34:28 UTC 2018

Hello,

Alkimia was started about eight years ago by the developers of Skrooge, Kraft
and KMyMoney. Unfortunately it never supported more than AlkValue. As far as I
know, KMyMoney is the only project left to use alkimia. Skrooge and Kraft are
not using it anymore and I do not know any other software to use alkimia.

For this reason I recommend to drop alkimia and move AlkValue into KMyMoney
directly. This reduces the maintenance for developers, packages and users who
just want to compile KMyMoney on their own. Additionally it reduces possible
sources of trouble (just remember how much work it was for Ralf to get it
working with Qt 4 & 5) and we remove a dependency.

What are you thinking about this?

Best
Chris