Installation problem with the latest stable release

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Sep 25 06:24:19 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

we are not in a position to give you a definitive answer about the Xubuntu
software centre. We just provide the source code that others take to create
installable packages. You might want to figure out who created the package for
Xubuntu 14 and get in touch with them.

Regards

Thomas

On Sonntag, 24. September 2017 17:28:44 CEST Peter Wilton wrote:

> Ah! Does this mean KMyMoney will reappear on the Xubuntu software centre
> soon? I have just upgraded to Xubuntu 16, whereas the KMyMoney I was using
> before came from the software centre when I was using Xubuntu 14 and its
> predecessor.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 24 Sep 2017, at 18:22, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> >
> > Peter,
> >
> > there is a subtle difference to install software from a software centre
> > and
> > from installing it from source.
> >
> > Building from source (that is what you tried) can be a bit tricky at times
> > and involves a bit of knowledge about the process and the tools.
> >
> > Since I don't know, which distro you are using and which version of KDE
> > (KDE4 or KF5) it uses as base system, I cannot tell you what to do next.
> >
> > BTW: 4.6.x is outdated. We are currently working on a 4.8.1 release for
> > KDE4 based systems and a separate one for KF5 based systems.
> >
> > Hope that helps a bit further.
> >
> > Thomas
> >
> >> On Sonntag, 24. September 2017 17:29:05 CEST Peter Wilton wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I've just had to change my laptop. I was using KMyMoney on Xubuntu on my
> >> old machine, and I tried to get it from the software centre on my new
> >> machine (I think that's how I got it before), but it wasn't there. It
> >> was simple to download last time.
> >>
> >> I googled KMy Money and found 4.6.4 for KDE Platform 4 on your website.
> >> As far as I can understand, I have to follow the instructions on a file
> >> called README.cmake (which I note is dated in the text February the 7th,
> >> 2009). I got as far as:
> >>
> >> cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
> >>
> >> ... and I got the error message:
> >>
> >> "The source directory "/home/peter" does not appear to contain
> >> CMakeLists.txt."
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >> Thank you, and best wishes,

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
It does not make sense to hire smart people, and then
have them follow stupid rules. -- Oleg Vishnepolsky on LinkedIn