New questions with git master

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Sep 18 18:46:37 UTC 2017

Jack,

On Sonntag, 17. September 2017 16:13:49 CEST Jack wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> On 2017.09.17 02:40, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > On Samstag, 16. September 2017 17:26:06 CEST Jack wrote:
> >> Having solved the libalkimia problem (or perhaps non-problem) I
> >> successfully compiled from git-head master branch.  It is certainly
> >> better than the last time I tried it, probably months ago since I
> >> got a clean compile.  Hopefully we are really getting close to at
> >> least a pre-release release, to address those distros which no
> >> longer have KDE4 pieces around to rely on.
> >>
> > > However, I have two issues.
> >>
> >> First, whenever I display a ledger, I get lots of  "Invalid sort key
> >> -9" where the number seems to alternate between -4 and -9, and I get
> >> dozens to hundreds of copies.  It doesn't seem to hurt anything, and
> >> the sort order of the ledger appear correct.
> >
> > Then you don't have git master, since I fixed this up in Randa.
> > Seeing this, the sorting in the ledger was broken (if descending was
> > selected).
>
> Hmm. I was sure I had just done a git pull before compiling, but it
> seems you are right.  A new git pull and redo everything and no more
> sort errors.
> [....]
>
> >> Second, is the ClientUid for libOFX udpates actually enabled?  When
> >> I try to update an account which was mapped using a recent 4.8 git
> >> version to successfully use this, I get that stupid error from
> >> Chase, and ofxlog.txt (once I figured out how to re-enable it) does
> >> not show KMM sending this value.  In addition, when I edit the
> >> account, and look at the online data, it does show this value, but
> >> it is displayed in very pale gray, and is not a selectable field.
> >> Is there a problem, or is it just not fully converted to KF5 yet?
> >
> > It should be auto-detected during cmake and the result of this
> > detection shows up in the cmake summary. If can restart the scan, by
> > removing <your-build- directory>/CMakeCache.txt and rerun cmake with
> > all the options you passed. The summary should show, if the ClientUid
> > option is available or not. In case that does not work, we need to
> > fix it (my distro version of libofx (0.9.10) does not support it, so
> > it's off for me by default).
>
> I'm still not sure about this one.  I have libofx 0.9.11 instaled, and
> I can find no remnants of any other version.  My system version of KMM
> 4.8.0 does not know about ClientUid - the edit account doesn't show the
> clientuid at all  4.8 compiled from git head DOES know, displaying it
> on one of the tabs of the online detail section for teh account.  git
> master says it knows about clientuid in the cmake summary, but although
> the clientuid is displayed in the edit account dialog, it is
> disabled/grayed out.
>
> I wondered if  this was because although I am installing the new plugin
> in the area I am installing all of the frameworks version, it is
> actually accessing a different version, but all three versions of
> [...]

I just checked that. I have a libofx version w/o the clientuid and a build
environment setup which created a KMyMoney version with OFX support, but w/o
the clientuid.

Then I simply changed the libofx.h header file to contain the resp. field.
Simply running cmake again does not turn the clientuid on. I had to remove my
CMakeCache.txt file and rerun the complete cmake from scratch to pick that up.
So it seems, that some of that stuff is cached by cmake.

Hope that helps.

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
You have to wait until you have written code before starting an
open source project, otherwise you have made a standards group.
 -- Jeremy Ruston, Head of Open Source Innovation at BT