windows magic (not?)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 8 22:47:02 UTC 2017

I'm away from home, with my Windows laptop, and I want to check
something in my kmy file, which I have a copy of.  I downloaded the
windows installer from the link on the home page and ran it. I have now
clicked on the icon; I have tried to launch from cmd; I have tried to
launch from ConEmu; I have tried to launch from a Cygwin shell - all
multiple times.  In a few cases, I think I may have seen some window
flash briefly on the screen.  Other than that I have nothing.  No
windows, no evidence of files created.

Am I missing something?  I really didn't think there was anything magic
about this.  I've done it in the past, but not recently.  I have checked
that there are no remnants of an old install anywhere I can find.

The laptop is an HP Compaq Presario, running an updated Windows 7
Professional.

Thanks for any suggestions.