StorageSQL Version conflict

Łukasz Wojniłowicz lukasz.wojnilowicz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:09:14 UTC 2017

Dnia poniedziałek, 2 października 2017 18:22:18 CEST Ralf Habacker pisze:
> Am 02.10.2017 um 17:55 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> > This fact is true, unfortunately. One reason, we decided long time ago
> > that
> > 4.8 does not receive new features, but this remained unheard.
>
> The patch for 4.8 has been reviewed at https://phabricator.kde.org/D7269
> and there was no complains.
> The reason I see I that this patch has not been applied to master, where
> it would update sql version in master to v11.
>
> Ralf

The ball has been dropped. So what?
The development should happen in master branch and fixes should be ported to
4.8 branch and not the other way around. In the meantime 4.8 branch gets new
features (lots of small patches, which is unbearable) and, as I see, 4.8.2 is
in plans (I bet it will have many new features as well). That's not good and
very irritating.

What I would propose is to go with v12 version in master branch and assume v11
version is from 4.8 branch. v12 version would be like v11 version for master
branch.
AFAIK, Thomas returned database support no earlier than in Randa and earlier
there were no complaints that databases don't work so there shouldn't be many
affected users. Should there be any affected user, we should help him manually
to get his database correct. I see no right answer here except to stop
developing 4.8 branch.

Regards
Łukasz