Idea?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Nov 14 11:38:05 UTC 2017

Hi Joris,

thanks for your idea. You are right: KMyMoney almost looks like its MS
counterpart and the reason for that is, that I used to use MS Money before I
started development on KMyMoney :)

On the issue with VAT: I do have the same problem here, though our rates are a
bit different (7 and 19). You probably have setup things already as they need
to be:

- an expense category for VAT 6%
- an expense category for VAT 21%
- an income category for VAT 6%
- an income category for VAT 21%

- a number of income and expense categories that fit your needs
- assign the relevant VAT categories to them

Now you can use the builtin reporting by selecting only the VAT categories and
and 'Last quarter' as the timeframe and see your numbers. At least that works
for me for a couple of years now.

If you have questions regarding this approach, please let us know.

Regarding the idea about a mobile application: there was work done on this but
there won't be a direct connection available. Maybe something we can add to/
integrate into KDEConnect (https://community.kde.org/KDEConnect).

Regards

Thomas

On Dienstag, 14. November 2017 12:03:33 CET Joris Ammerlaan wrote:

> Good morning!
>
> I recently installed kmymoney. Its almost similar to MS money which I
> use to maintain my personal administration but also using for our
> catering service. What I miss in MS-money I also miss in KMymoney. You
> can add VAT rates so you can split the several transactions when you use
> the report to show you turnover. That is a valid function but it does
> miss the calculation from the VAT itself.
>
> An example:
>
> In NL as a company we need to send in the tax declaration every 3
> months, so Jan-Mrt, April-June, July-Sept, Okt-Dec. We have 6% (food
> etc) and 21% (all other goods).
>
> My sales at 6% is 200 euro.
> My purchases at 6% is 100 euro.
> My purchases at 21% is 50 euro.
>
> These figures the report shows currently in the last version.
>
> Idea to add to the software, the calculation in the report as shown
> below:
> The VAT is than:
>
> My VAT sales at 6% is 11.32 euro. (Payable TAX)
> My VAT purchases at 6% is 5.66 euro. (Deductible TAX)
> My VAT purchases at 21% is 8.68 euro. (Deductible TAX)
>
> Calculation: 11.32 -5.66 - 8.68 = -3.02 (Refund by the TAX company)
>
> As you tell the category which percentage you assign the system knows
> already which percentage it should use for a calculation. Besides of the
> report it might be interesting to add a column in the DB which is a
> derived field with the calculation you so can see during the month what
> the current VAT is. This field could also be added to the report itself.
> Another option would be to create a report tool to create your own
> reports instead of only being allowed to set some different options on
> the report.
>
> Than another question or idea, have an app/webinterface for mobile
> phone/pc so you can view the data remotely. Anno 2017 it would make this
> software an important piece for small company's / personal
> administration.
>
> Thanks for reading this mail, regards!
>
> Met vriendelijke groet,
> Joris Ammerlaan
>
> Adres:
> Hooilaan 22
> 4816 ED, Breda
>
> Mob: +31655378086
> Tel: +31765811744
> Email: joris at jorisammerlaan.nl
> ABN Bank-rek: NL31ABNA0808033379

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
How many programmers does it take to change a
light bulb? None. It's a hardware problem!