Mint installation

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 10 16:20:45 UTC 2017

On 2017.03.09 19:22, Oliver Nelson wrote:
> I'm new to linux mint maya. Have tried to download and install
> kmymoney. have been able to extract the down loaded tar.xz file but
> can not install?  Help?

The tar.gz file is source code.  To use that you would have to compile
it, and that would probably require installing several -dev packages.
If that is specifically what you want, say so, and we can provide some
assistance.

I am not specifically familiar with Mint, but I assume it has a package
manager, and you should be able to install KMyMoney through that.  In
addition, it appears that Maya is rather old at this point, and will
only be supported until next month (April 2017)  If you like Mint, you
should consider using one of the more recent versions: Oiana, Rebecca,
Rafaela, Rosa, Sarah, or Serena.
(https://linuxmint.com/download_all.php)