oddness with blank payee and missing category

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 26 18:06:31 UTC 2017

I know I shouldn't expect any "fix" unless I can clearly identify what
is broken.  I do have some more ideas to play with, but as it's only a
nuisance, and not a show-stopper, it's not a very high priority.

One thing I did notice while testing - I tried to create a new payee
with a blank name, and it said there already was one, and did I really
mean to create another.  I said no, although I might try yes later.
The problem is, there is not any payee with an empty name, so I'm not
sure why it gave that error.

One other thing I realized is that I have automatic matching ON for
that blank payee, and that is clearly why so many imported transactions
are using that payee.  What I might to is to change the name of that
payee to not be blank, and then I'll probably be able to remove the
payee from the transactions that don't need it.

Question - should it also be safe just to change   Payee="P000845"  to
Payee="" in the file directly without breaking anything else?  It might
end up being the fastest way, but I'm not sure I trust it.  (I would
definitely make several backups first :-))